Unmounted One Day Applied Posture Riding Floor Clinic
The next date for this clinic is Sunday, May 7th, 2017. Please note you can claim a small percentage of this clinic through your health fund.
Sunday, May 7, 2017, at The Birdwood Institue Birdwood SA Australia.
To book into this Clinic Please contact me
Sunday 4th June at The Birdwood Institue Birdwood
This One Day Clinic is all unmounted, no horses are required.
The whole group stays for the whole day.
I start with a quick lecture about Rider Biomechanics, and what is involved in training the posture for riding.
- You will learn about the Anatomy Of The Riding Posture.
- You will learn about The Riding Muscles and Their Function in Riding.
- I will discuss The Transverse Abdominal (TVA) muscle in detail and its relevance to riding.
- I will teach you "The Core Crunch". This is the starting point for all of your training.
This is the starting point for all of your training.
The Core Crunch is the first Movement Pattern you will learn, there are 18 more specific to riding.
Muscle Testing is important and once you have the Core Crunch you will then test all of the major riding muscles.
- You will also perform a simple test for your balance.
- You will learn the difference between an exercise and a Movement Pattern and how to apply them to your riding.
- I will talk about the injury, work, habits and resting postures and riding.
- I include a session on the injury, age-related changes, pain management and the use of braces.
- I will talk about My Jargon. My program has been designed by me, therefore learning my language is relevant.
- What is a Core Crunch and Coordinated Breathing?
- What is a Movement Pattern?
- What Is Independent Isolation?
- What is a Resting Posture and What Does Self Carriage Mean?
My Unique Jargon When Teaching Riders will be addressed.
- What is the Difference between a Training Aid and an Invisible Aid and the Sloth Aid?
Once you have the above information we can move onto learning the Specific Movement Patterns I have designed for the horse rider.
The Movement Patterns will teach you how to apply Rider Biomechanics to your riding.
Each person will spend some time on the Anky machine and start to put the riding posture in context.
- I will demonstrate exercises for different body parts to train strength.
- I will also give Advanced Strengthening Exercises for the future.
- We can explore the OOV and The Body Blade for daily routines.
- Managing injury and individual problems will be included during the session.
- At the end of the day, you will have a completely new and specific way of training yourself for riding.
I absolutely guarantee this is a clinic like no other you have attended or looked at.
Included in the cost of the clinic is the "Applied Posture Riding The Fundamentals of Riding" manual.(value $87)
This workshop is about finding out about your problems and you as the rider, not your horse.
At the end of this clinic, you will know everything about you and what you need to do to ride with skill and fun.
Ongoing support via email or by phone is also offered.
As a Physiotherapist, I am qualified in all Rider Biomechanics, Injury, and Rehab.
- I am able to offer riders professional information and detailed individual assessments not offered by a riding instructor or personal trainer.
- I am able to give medical advice where needed and offer ongoing support.
- I am able to prescribe, fit and supply the correct horse rider brace and exercises where needed.
- I am able to assess what you think of your riding, what your instructor says and what I find and fix it.
- I am able to prescribe specific horse rider exercises for you.
- What Is Required?
For this clinic, the following is required
- Your own physio gym ball, the correct size is mid-thigh height.
- A length of theraband,
- Wear sporty clothes, not skirts or jeans.
- Sand shoes or bare feet will be fine.
The One day workshop is $250 per rider
Maximum of 15 unmounted riders
The One Day Mounted Clinic can be arranged at a date in the future. This format gives you the best assessment, training, and education package I offer. If you try and pack too much into your training without the basics then you will not get the ultimate results.This is the ideal clinic for a club to offer their members. It is suitable for all riders from beginners to elite. We all use the same muscles and we all have similar problems unrelated to your riding but directly affects you riding,
If you want to host a One or Two Day Clinic contact me directly to arrange dates, however for the present I have listed the dates available in SA. above.